20 Cheers for Tokyo
“20 Cheers for Tokyo” is a collaborative project, with the goal of sharing Tokyo’s charms with the world. Starting from August 1, 2019, over a course of 20 weeks photo and video submissions taken in Tokyo will be collected based on 20 themes, all leading up to the year 2020. Once the submission period ends, photos and videos will be selected from all themes to create an original brand movie that encapsulates everything that Tokyo has to offer.
20 Cheers for Tokyo
Sponsor is Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau (TCVB)
20 Cheers for Tokyo (the “Campaign”) begins August 1, 2019 and ends December 31, 2019 Japan Standard Time (“JST”) (the “Campaign Period”). All submissions (“Submission”) must be received by December 31, 2019 at 11:59:00 P.M. JST.
Who May Enter
- Campaign is open only to individuals who are aged 16 and over at the time of entry. Campaign is open to all nationalities.
- By submitting a Submission, each entrant (“Entrant”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to the official submission requirements (“Submission Requirements”), stated below, and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Submission Requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor.
How to Enter
via the 20 Cheers for Tokyo website:
To enter, fill out the requirements on the Campaign website’s entry form. Each Submission consists of an entry form and a single photograph/video (collectively, the “Submission”). Entries will be accepted from August 1, 2019 until the end of the campaign period.
After following Tokyo Tokyo’s official Instagram account (@tokyotokyooldmeetsnew) and reading the Submission Requirements on the website, post your Submission with the following 3 required hashtags.#tokyotokyo, #20cheersfortokyo and the specified theme hashtag (EX. #japanesefood). Submissions must be made from public accounts.
#Themes can be confirmed via the Campaign website.
The original brand movie will be released in February 2020 on the Tokyo Tokyo official website and SNS accounts.
Entrants whose photos/videos have been selected and have input their Instagram account handle upon Submission will be tagged in the Instagram post announcing the release of the video.
- All still images must be 3 megabytes or smaller, must be in .jpg or .png format.
- All videos must be 200 megabytes or smaller, must be in MOV or MP4 format.
- Submissions that do not follow the Campaign’s themes will be deemed invalid at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- The Submission, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Campaign Entrant.
- Each Submission must not infringe on any copyright, feature or focus on any material owned and controlled by third parties, or violate the privacy of any third parties. The Submission must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the case that a Submission violates any copyright or other rights of a third party.
- All information entered in the Submission will be encrypted by SSL.
- Location information included in the Submission will only be used as statistical information. This information will not be used to identify the individual Entrant and will not be used for marketing purposes.
- Instagram account information included in the Submission will be used to tag Entrants whose images were used in the original brand movie in an Instagram post upon release of the movie.
- Near the end of the Campaign Period it may be difficult to connect to the website due to a high concentration of access to the website. Please allow for adequate time to submit Submissions.
- Entrants agree that the Campaign Sponsors shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to devices used for entry, other damages due to communications, communication failures, errors upon Submission, etc.
- The Campaign is not sponsored, supported or managed by Instagram.
Recommended Browser Environment
The Sponsor recommends that this website be viewed with the following browser environment for the best viewing experience.
・Internet Explorer 11
・Microsoft Edge （Latest Version）
・Mozilla Firefox （Latest Version）
・Google Chrome （Latest Version）
・Safari （Latest Version）
The viewing environment of the user is dependent on the OS version of the browser and the individual’s usage environment. Usability may be limited dependent on the individual’s corresponding SNS environment.
20 Cheers for Tokyo Office Email Address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone inquiries are not accepted.